The Many Wonderful Eucalyptus Oil Uses

dichloroacetate

Eucalyptus Oil Uses

Eucalyptus Oil Uses are many and no home should be without it in their First Aid Kits.

Eucalyptus oil uses include many applications – as a medicinal product or natural pharmaceutical for both humans and animals, as an antiseptic, a pest repellent, and a pleasant-smelling anti-bacterial disinfectant.

eucalyptus oil

Buy Eucalyptus Oil Here

This product is 100% Australian and is considered to be the best quality eucalyptus oil available.  Only 5% of the world’s Eucalyptus Oil comes from Australia – the remaining 95% comes from China and is cut with other extracts. The best eucalyptus oil comes from the Australian ‘Eucalyptus globulus’ tree.  The leaves of the eucalyptus globulus trees are steam-distilled to extract this valuable essential oil.  Check your essential oil labels and beware imitators. For all your eucalyptus oil uses always use top quality oil.

The main active ingredient is cineole, also known as eucalyptol. This gives eucalyptus oil its distinct woody aroma and taste.   The eucalyptus oil we recommend is 100% cineole/eucalyptol. Pharmacy grade eucalyptus oil has a minimum of 70% cineole/eucalyptol content, imitators have as little as 40% pure eucalyptus oil.

First Aid Eucalyptus Oil Uses:

  • Insect Bites
  • Blisters
  • Skin Irritations (like scrapes)
  • Minor Wounds (like cuts)
  • Mouthwash – kills staphylococcus bacteria
  • Relieves Sinus pressure by massaging a drop onto your temples
  • Relieves Headache by rubbing a few drops onto area in mid-forehead
  • Relieves muscle pain by adding to massage oil

 Medicinal Eucalyptus Oil Uses:

  • Add to Vaporizer or room humidifier to make breathing easier
  • Fever?   Add a few drops of eucalyptus oil in water, soak washcloth, put on forehead, neck to cool skin
  • Rub Eucalyptus oil on sore, tired, exhausted muscles to feel comforting warmth deep in the tissues
  • Stimulant to increase cardiac activity
  • Anti-microbial oil that treats infectious viruses
  • Provides relief from asthma
  • Treats respiratory tract ailments
  • Treats sinusitis
  • Treats head colds
  • Eases rheumatism
  • Relieves arthritis
  • Treats Tuberculosis

Preventative Medicinal Eucalyptus Oil Uses:

  • Eucalyptus oil is a natural “pest-deterrent” to  keep mosquitos at bay
  • Worried about West Nile?  Scare mozzies with pure essential oil of eucalyptus!
  •  Travelling abroad and worried about Malaria?   Easy to carry and use to discourage mosquitos!
  • Antiseptic gargle (germicidal properties effectively kill staphylococcus bacteria)

Animal Eucalyptus Oil Uses:

  • Tick repellent
  • Eucalyptus Oil applied to the skin of your pet can reduce pain
  • Helpful in treating dogs with distemper
  • Treats septicemia (blood poisoning)
  • Treats parasite infestations

Household Eucalyptus Oil Uses:

  • Replace many environmentally-unfriendly chemicals with this Natural Disinfectant for toilets, sinks.  Mix  1.6 oz of eucalyptus oil with a liter(quart) of water.  Storage similar to other disinfectants.
  • Use above recipe with dish detergent to disinfect and wash floor and counter surfaces (hospital recipe, good on finger  marks)
  • Use undiluted to remove sticker/decal residue from glass and/or glass surfaces (like windows)
  • Add 1-2 tsp eucalyptus oil to each load of wash for a fresh scent with anti-microbial benefits
  • Removes paint, grease, or ink from clothing  (undiluted)
  • Revitalize your car air freshener by adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil
  • Half a tsp mixed with half liter (half quart) of water makes for a great plant-friendly bug repellent
  • Stainless steel cleaner
  • Room air freshener – Mix 12-15 drops of eucalyptus oil, 1/2 tsp vodka, 2 cups of water. Put in spray bottle and you have a homemade, non-toxic Febreeze!!   This is very subtle – double eucalyptus oil for a stronger scent.

The Dos and Don’ts Regarding Eucalyptus Oil Uses:

  • Eucalyptus oil should be stored in a dark glass bottle
  • Keep in a cool place
  • Keep out of direct sunlight
  • Unlike other essential oils, eucalyptus oil (when stored correctly), keeps for 1-2 years from the production date

Purchase the market favorite for its many eucalyptus oil uses:
100% Pure Australian Eucalyptus Globulus Oil

Resources

Eucalyptus Oil Uses

Eucalyptus Leaves

Update: eucalyptus oil uses is a small site explaining the many eucalyptus oil uses available.